View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 01:47 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFED View Post
I had no idea you was a trucker. I've had a lot of time to think since selling my house and being in this RV. Shit keeps breaking down and money doesn't go far.

I've applied for a WIOA grant through a place called CareerSource Tampa. Hopefully I get accepted so that I won't be out of pocket or indebted to a company. My next steps are to pass this drug test and get my learner's permit.

I checked with Prime and they have a 50lb limit for pets. I'm going to have to find a company that will let my dog ride with me after my training is done. I plan on selling the RV and living in the truck full time.
Yeah, if you can get schooling paid for by all means go that way. As for dogs, I've seen people at Prime with pits as example. I dunno how big your dog is or what type though.

On one side they say 50lbs, but they have no idea what you have in your truck. The only time they will ever see your truck, is if you are at a terminal and even then it's not like they search it. They also say no guns, but I carry mine..

I mean if it's obviously a huge dog then someone might notice or if it's overly aggressive and other people notice at a terminal. Biggest thing would be having a place to keep it while you train, as you wouldn't be able to take it with you but that would be any company.

As for driving, I had my CDL a long time ago but let it go, so I went through Prime to get it back. I got a bit bored doing my van stuff and the ebay/amazon so I wanted something I could walk into/out of for a bit and still make decent money.

I duno how long I'll keep doing it, my plan b4 I got hurt was to drive until the end of the year then go travel around then come back and push my ebay/amazon really hard.

Right now I'm still looking to do that, but getting hurt cost me some money and I also lost money from not working. I now can't hit the money I was wanted to have saved by the end of the year so I'm unsure if I'll stop in Dec or go a bit longer.