View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 04:55 PM  
8pt-buck
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
I like your Impala!

I've always liked them, had a 1971 avocado green one growing up. 2 door.
Thanks, I like this car a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFED View Post
You should have haggled more but grats on your new ride!

I did haggle. Offered $27,000.00 in cash too. They were not selling it for 7k below the MSRP. I wanted to unload that Buick too. My mechanic said one of these days the break lines were going to fail due to all the corrosion under the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuLion View Post
Damn, that's hot!!!
Thanks. Quick too. I have a Classic Nova SS / 350-300hp. This Impala can make short work of my SS. Insane gasoline consumption in this Impala reflects that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Big difference in cars from 2001 to 2018.... LOL.
No doubt. I have Bluetooth, Satellite, 4G WiFi, etc. It's like my office on wheels. The Buick was bare bones basic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlySober View Post
Congrats and enjoy it
Its what lifes all about really
Thanks CS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Congrats those are nice cars. That said, are you like in your 70's? Who buys a Buick?
Thanks. Long story. I bought the Buick brand new from the dealer too. I was doing the family thing. The wife drove it too. She didn't want to drive anything outrageous.
Fast forward to today. Kid is grown, Buick is gone, Wife has her 2017 Cadillac Escalade as my 305 horse power mid life crisis Impala is parked out in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmike7 View Post
My last car was also a Buick Century, they're cheap and pretty reliable. I upgraded to a Mercedes a few years ago.
I liked my Buick too. My mechanic strongly advised me to get rid of it due to all the corrosion on the undercarriage. It was a death trap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adultchatpay View Post
I like the exterior but the interior seems pretty standard to me for a 30k car.
But overall, nice choice.
Thanks.
It's not necessarily the interior. The Sun / Moon roof was extra / Extra $ for the paint. Extra money for the 3.6ltr engine.

My Impala LT V6 is basically a Impala Premier. The only thing missing on my Impala is the chrome trim running down the doors. The Premier's MSRP is anywhere between $34 to $36,000.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I didn't want to say it myself... Only old people buy Buicks. I have no idea why.

Then again, I said above I want to buy a old Pontiac.
I was doing the dad thing. The wife drove the Buick too. The wife was not and is not in to anything fast or sporty. I bought her a brand new Escalade last year. This year it was my turn. She does her thing, I do my thing and in my opinion, that is the best way to live.
8pt-buck is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote