Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 06:53 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomed View Post
Find out how much data you have on your phone plan first.

Some carriers limit the "tethering" or "wifi hotspot" data usage on your phone. This feature is essentially only used to connect other devices to the Internet via your phone. Like an iPad or laptop.

But the phone itself should be able to use as much data (Internet) as you want, so long as you don't exceed your monthly cap (amount of data/internet allotted in your cell plan).
Thanks.

BFF saw the post and emailed today. Ten hours is wrong; ten gigs is the data plan. I've asked how much per gig if I go over. I don't need the watch if I can use the hotspot. Now that I understand it isn't time but gigs, I'll use it for emails or a quick search. Browsing can wait until I get to the house.

Tuesday I'll be out so can test it. If it fails, Wednesday I'm going out, too, so can fiddle with it Tuesday night.

He'd told me gigs but that was two years ago when he visite me. Somehow I remembered ten ...
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote