View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 03:38 PM  
xClips Jim
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Of course there are bad apples in the bunch and I am not suggesting that there isn't corruption among these departments. However, Trump is waging war against many of these groups. He stands in front of crowds at his events and tells them how the media is full of nothing but fake news (which isn't true, most of what he refers to as fake news is just news he doesn't like). He talks about the DOJ witch hunt with the Mueller investigation, he talks about how they conspire with Hillary. This is not by mistake. He is trying to get people on his side.
I'm sure you are not surprised that Trump's twitter feed has a slant to it. Or his public appearances. I don't find this much different than a tool like Rochard coming here and saying "Trump has accomplished NOTHING!" - when what he means is nothing that he approves of.

Quote:
I know people who have said even if Mueller comes back with evidence or proof that Trump did something illegal they won't believe it because they think Mueller and the DOJ are corrupt. I grew up in a small, very redneck town full of conservatives and I still know many of them. Many of these people believe the entire system is corrupt, but they don't think it is corrupt in general, they think it is corrupt with a prejudice towards Republicans and conservatives. That's scary.

That is scary. We have to believe in the rule of law or we might as well forget the whole thing. Keep in mind, we can see evidence of the same problem on the other side. Can you imagine Mrs. Bladewire's response IF Mueller comes back with nothing? Or the opposite then what they expect?

Quote:
I have no issues with trying to root out corruption and trying to keep the media and the DOJ honest, but the way to do it isn't on Twitter for the world to see or by barring news outlets from events because you don't like them. He should be using some discretion. Instead he is acting like someone who is guilty of something and has decided the way to keep from getting in trouble is to take out anyone who could bust him.
If we assume what he is saying is true, he has reason to do what he is doing. If he's lying to cover up his own bad deeds, we are all screwed anyway.

We are all going to see soon. I don't pretend to know things I don't know. I can only assign probabilities based on what is currently known. CNN has been a major culprit in this mess - it will drip out and Trump's disgust with that source will be more understood.

I don't consider ANY of this to be a Republican vs. Democrat issue, but the Dems are really doing a ton of damage to their brand the way they are handling this and it's going to cost them, in my opinion. That part sucks as well, because Republicans (in office) are typically complete hypocrites and we don't need a boatload more of them like we're going to get in the next election.
xClips Jim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote