View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
it's an interesting comment, while the president is within his rights as chief exec to tell his employees what to do, it's my understanding the FBI doesn't just launch investigations willy-nilly, they need to see a need to investigate. I'm curious to see how it unfolds.

telling the fbi to investigate something purely based on political motivations doesn't square with the FBI's operational protocols. not that i trust the FBI 100% either.
DOJ will let the inspector general look at it. Im pretty sure the FBI will also do a internal review due to it being a compliant from a high ranking asshole. They wont just jump because Trump ordered them, but Im pretty sure basic protocol requires them to at least look to see if it maybe a viable complaint. If they find there is a issue at that point theyd open a investigation but I dont think the FBI can investigate themself. My guess is it has to be the IG just like they did with the other stuff.

Trump is just wasting tax dollars for his own political gain. He will cause another year long investigation for his ego.. He will then claim the results are fake and its a deep state cover up.