View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 06:04 AM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlySober View Post
Plus the NHS is so understaffed, they let anyone have a job, regardless of medical qualifications. These people are able to do anything a doctor can do, such as prescribe medicines, perform examinations and carry out surgeries etc etc, but cant legally call themselves Doctors.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/res...rce-in-numbers

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...johnson-survey
It's odd they go to school for a dozen years, earn a doctorate degree, and can't get the respect or title.

"I'm Ms Winter and I'm a thoracic surgeon" or "I'm Dr Winter and I'll be doing your heart surgery." Which sounds more reassuring?!

NHS is mentioned during the program. I've seen most segments at one hospital but they've had segments at other hospitals. Most shown are clean and under-staffed, though. They show some unusual situations! Some guys I feel bad for when large dildoes or objects are stuck up their arses!!

They did a segment on the dental crisis in the country. I've noticed many Brits have poor dental hygiene but they say up to 75% of Brits don't see a dentist. No reason given but I wondered if health insurance covers dentistry.

The woman who gave birth despite having less-than-A-cup breasts -- totally flat -- was eye-opening. The breast cancer survivor who had reconstructive surgery but didn't get an areole or nipple was definitely depressing. The msn with a dick the size of a thumb, the man who lost his hand after sticking it ina shredder, and the guy who got stabbed in the head and came in with a knife in his head ... I watch it during dinner and close my eyes during part of it. They warn you beforehand, luckily.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote