View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:56 AM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Sure, I replied to captain howdy and told him don't bother. I was simply being agreeable with him, it wasn't like I was thinking he was reconsidering his stance to not watch it and I felt the need to reinforce it. And it's not my job to talk people into art. My job is to communicate my response or reaction to it without disrespecting others' responses and reactions to it.

proof the video is directed at blacks

1. the violence in the video is committed by blacks and onto other blacks, not whites. no whites at all. Even when the violence is mimicking real events like the shooting the choir in the video copies the Charleston murders, it's committed by a black, the protagonist throughout the video in fact. The stance he makes when murdering the first guy is reminiscent of Jim Crow, you know what a Jim Crow Black is.

2. the lyrics in conjunction with their place in the video are clearly directed at blacks

We just wanna party
Party just for you
We just want the money
Money just for you
I know you wanna party
Party just for me
Girl, you got me dancin' (yeah, girl, you got me dancin')
Dance and shake the frame
We just wanna party (yeah)
Party just for you (yeah)
We just want the money (yeah)
Money just for you (you)
I know you wanna party (yeah)
Party just for me (yeah)
Girl, you got me dancin' (yeah, girl, you got me dancin')
Dance and shake the frame (you)

If we are going to dissect the video for a message, it's important to include the lyrics.

conclusion, the message of video "this is America" is not directed at me. It's directed at blacks. Nothing wrong with that at all, there's plenty of black entertainment not directed at me, as there should be.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote