View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 11:25 AM  
SilentKnight
Megan Fox's fluffer

Industry Role:
In the 80s and 90s I watched a good friend smoke 15-20 joints a day...everyday...for years and years. At the time he was an all-round good guy, charismatic, skilled and talented at many things, hard-working and dedicated.

He had the world by the ass back in the day.

These days I can't hold a conversation with him. He can't keep a coherent train of thought. A typical sentence from him meanders through 3-4 different topics. His thinking is scattered and unconnected. He wanders from job to job, rental house to rental house...often leaving a trail of debt and people chasing him for money. His entire day is spent preoccupied on where to score his next supply.

Now, I'm not saying how people should live their lives. I could care less, really. To each their own. But it was a shame to watch our buddy throw it all down the drain with the long-term usage. Everyone says pot is harmless. Yeah, maybe it is in the short term. But after seeing the long-term effects...it really makes me think.

I know this isn't something 4-20 celebrators want to read or hear about in a thread such as this...but for me there's no denying the annecdotal example. Yeah, I've done my share of recreational usage over the years...but on a very casual basis. Never cared for it much and stopped entirely more than a decade ago. I'd be the last one to denigrate anyone for their own indulgence...but it'd be a shame to see another good friend burn themselves out farther down the road.

Anyways...
SilentKnight is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote