View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 11:46 PM  
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Infernal Majesty View Post
I am curious when can you cut ties with an affiliate? Do you just let them use your content forever, even if they let their site fall to shit and put cam ads all over your content? Do you have to keep them on the pay roll if they say your content "SUCKS" even though you are their number one seller and they are a very small affilate for you?
Terms page should cover all this. If when they signed up it was lifetime then it should stay lifetime. If ya buy a car with a 100,000 mile warranty do ya have to buy a new car every year to keep your old 100,000 mile warranty=no. Only reason to terminate someone is if they are using your content in a way not allowed which should also be in your terms. Set your terms and stick with them, if you make term adjustments that should apply to new affiliates and not fuck the old guys. Don't offer lifetime if you don't know the definition of it. If someone knows rebills will evaporate then they might have gone pay per sale. So in your terms put "years from now I may steal your rebills" Hell I've made boatloads of cash with some programs, stopped for year or two and came back when they dropped a new site that I thought matched my sites.

Quote:
That SBJ guy and jScott have NO SALES OR REBILLS for two years now. Am I ripping them off by not wanting to do business with them anymore? I did actually PM jScott to talk to him about this privately and said I wasn't really going to delete him but how can I help him to make some sales. And he IGNORED the PM and came on here and acted like this.

So yeah. I guess this is what it is.

TrashyContent is not an affiliate of mine, he was just upset I called him a bottomfeeder. I mean he is, but just want it to be clear. I ONLY Put him down in the thread but I have no business relationship with him because he has no traffic on his paysites or freesites and never has after 17 years.
Way to keep it classy, why not just post names and addresses of all your affiliates and their numbers. Proving having a website and an affiliate program doesn't make ya business man with ethics.

Quote:
We do want to renegotiate our TOS with affiliates who no longer update their sites, though. Is that really so bad?
If they signed up under lifetime and you're modifying terms to affect their rebills then yes you fall into shady fuck category.

I've never promoted you and based on this thread I would never touch anything you're involved with.
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote