View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 07:55 AM  
Tube Ace
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Gandolph, would you please tell me your email address or name so I can look up the support history?

Tube Ace for WordPress 1.x saw rampant privacy due to its distribution on torrent and file locker sites. The amount of people that contacted me for support while knowing they didn't purchase the plugin was astounding.

Starting in Tube Ace 2.0, I added a new per-domain licensing system which was needed in order for the business to survive.

All previous customers that requested an upgrade to 2.0 received a free one.

Unfortunately, some customers (albiet a small percent) seem to believe since they paid a small fee of $79 for a plugin, entitles them to unlimited consultation and advice on marketing, WordPress theme customization, server and database administration for their website.

Indeed, at times I may become short with those who demand several hours (sometimes more than 10) of support, don't bother reading the documentation and refuse to help themselves. These few customers are deterring the majority good customers from receiving updates and new features. I've even had a customer calling himself the "CEO of a web hosting company" who didn't know how to connect to his own server via SSH.

Many difficulties arise while offering a software product such as: varying production environments, conflicting plugins, APIs going down, customers using cheap godaddy hosting which is restrictive of server resources and many other technical issues beyond my control.

As you can imagine, these issues can be extremely time consuming and tedious, but over the past (nearly 10) years since I released the first version of Tube Ace, I have tried my best to give my customers a great product with support and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.
Tube Ace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote