View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:09 AM  
femdomdestiny
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK View Post
as we talked on ICQ, and as much as I'd like to agree and I do indeed see your point..

all the ON-SITE SEO stuff we discussed (title tags, image optimization, headings, texts.. )
and everything else that I didn't mention - I have it, to a degree (could it be better? well, yeah, always).. howeveeeeeeeer:
Hey...let me put it this way. Imagine a scale from zero up to 100 presenting SEO quality. Every page has its own SEO quality that can be shown with a precisely defined number. Pages I've checked for you had a score around 37 or so what is low on the scale and can't compete with the guys having a score near or over 90 (I've given you their names, don't want to post your data here in public). Your score is a pure luck and basically, every page has some score. It is very precise and exact how it is calculated and it is up to the webmaster to follow those rules and get a high score if he wants to compete. If I remember good, few pages I've checked didn't have a keyword at all. If you put a - between keywords, it is not the desired keyword that you want to target(like it should be without - ). Those words are there but this is not a proper format.

Quote:
if THAT is really the cause of (my) downfall for 1000 or so low volume keywords, then it feels like those on-site elements became valid only a week ago on march 14th - and we both know that is NOT the case, since all of it is the basis of SEO since ages
Simply speaking, there are two important factors for ranking. First one is on page optimization that we checked and backlink profile. (of course, both of them have own rules and regulations). The first thing you should do is to optimize a page properly and then fight for the backlinks. I 've tested this and it works perfectly and as you mentioned, it is nothing new. Still, it should be done and it takes time to get the results.

On the top of that, the factor is that competition is not sleeping and you can clearely see that for each keyword you are checking (or wanting to rank for). Some are less and some are more competitive. So, link building is always a huge factor, probably the most important one but there is no way to fight for ranking with non-existing on page SEO.

Quote:
that being said, I'm still fairly sure it is purely backlink related - on a domain level
and that on-site SEO is given even less weight in the overall equation
As mentioned backlinks are always a factor but there are other things that you simply can't see just like that. For example, words used on a page. You can't write about cars if you are promoting ice creams. I mean, you can. And you can even make the longest page ever that looks good where driver is eating ice cream. But if other guy promoting ice creams come with a page mentioning things like ice cream history, types of ice cream links to more ice cream, ice cream recipes, ice cream top list,etc....google will give him an advantage over your site. This is something you can't see without proper analysis. This is also something I am doing for each of pages I am optimizing and that works.

As far as I know, you don't have any of mentioned things so you can't blame backlinks if the latest update is about quality.

So to answer to your question how onsite SEO became factor suddenly. It is not, there are tons of other things that you can't see that is Google taking into the consideration. But one is for sure, if you are going against the rules, don't expect to rely on luck and lack of competition forever. It took me years to learn that.

--------------------------------------------
email: webmaster(at)femdomdestiny.com
femdomdestiny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote