View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:28 AM  
femdomdestiny
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
God damn, I've just written a detailed description of a situation and a browser crashed. Anyway, will try to be short now:

From what I am seeing and investigating here on multiple samples, everything is just fine and like it should be from the perspective of people that followed SEO and quality rules.

This business can be done in different ways. Every webmaster I've worked with before or that was my client, had a different approach to business. That is just fine as long as you are earning. But what is in common for most of them that they are pretty clueless about SEO stuff. Some of the big and successful sites will fit this category, believe it or not.

Google is not that smart as many people think. This is why they are upgrading algorithms constantly, fixing errors. So many people rely on luck and they are not aware of that. As jcsott mentioned above, sites that were treated properly (onsite SEO, backlinks, relevant articles, etc) gained traffic. There are simple rules for making a quality site and I hope that this update helped people who invested time in effort doing it by the book. I am one of those.

I know webmasters are buying links or doing various black hat stuff and I think that is fine too. When it comes to SEO, the only conclusion I have from samples examined is that Google favorized quality sites (that were down before, without a noticeable reason)

What I am about (probably) to do now is to pull out ( actually I already did) keywords from google webmaster tools, compare with their previous rankings and pick those that entered SERPS but were not SEOed. Then I will improve those pages and get higher ranking for them. This is a slow and painful process but that's the game. I was doing this kind of updates for many months and now I am getting results. Still, I will totally ignore this update and resume work by the rules that are clean and available to everyone. Problem is that most of webmasters don't believe in SEO, thinking it is some scam, cheat or something like that. I've seen that so many times, even from the close colleagues even when faced with data and results.

If you have some question that you don't want to post in public, go ahead, use contact info from my sig. More examined sites, more reliable will be the conclusions.

--------------------------------------------
email: webmaster(at)femdomdestiny.com
femdomdestiny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote