View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Right here... police tracked him by his cell phone.. The Austin bomber..

"Police were able to find Conditt using a variety of tactics, including coming up with a list of phone numbers and individuals that were in the area of the bombings when they occurred, using cell-site analysis and high-tech computing systems that can find patterns of callers in certain areas."

What they are describing is known as Stingray made by Harris Corp that is based in my home town..

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ources-n858576

Its one thing to track a terrorist like this guy, but problem is they are tracking us all with out warrants..
It's meta data.

They aren't tracking us, but when there is an incident they start looking into our phone records. If there is a robbery, they look at what cell phones pinged what tower. If there are four or five locations and one cell phone pings all of those towers, they pull that cell phone number and figure out who it is. You can argue it's an invasion of privacy, but it's not any different than when a video camera picks up your license plate number at the scene of a crime.

I've said this before in GFY... They can track me all I want. They can read my texts, my emails.... Everything in my life is rather dull and boring. Mostly my texts are about our plans for dinner each night.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote