View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 PM  
windstorm
Confirmed User

Yeah, only that if no other competitor is on the market, what then? You are still free to switch, but to what? Bing is still here because of Microsoft's power, otherwise we would see just Google.

There is an illusion of choice, but in fact, they have become so big that it is impossible to create a competitor. Check the ISPs in USA as another example.

Tell me, if I created a choice to Google's SE, how would you know about it? It needs huge investment in marketing and people shifting from G, which takes a shitload of time. You think Google would stay still and do nothing about it?

Things were more balanced when Yahoo had a good share of market. Don't tell me Google's results are great nowadays, because they are not. Google grows every year in revenue so much. I wonder how, money doubled in market while they also have FB as competitor? No, they just swallowed more smaller players on market by promoting aggressively their own products.
windstorm is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote