View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 03:26 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjnet View Post
1) In most industrialized countries the absolute, final power is granted to it's population by the constitution.
What does the Constitution say about women voting, slaves, Indians and slaves?

It can and has been altered to fit the times.

Quote:
2) But this is only in theory. In most countries, if things go in the wrong direction the final power will be in the hands of the person who controls the military & police.

3) But not in the US. Due to the gun laws there people REALLY have the power. No foreign military and not even the US Army could keep 300 million armed people under control.

4) Please remember that Poland was occupied 2 times by a foreign oppressor during the last 100 years. 5 years by Germany, and I'd say 45 years by the Sowjet Union. That would have been a lot harder (if not impossible) if they would have been armed like the US population...
Do you really think 300 million will take up arms?

Those that will face the best-armed military in the world and police that have militarised. They will get mowed down.

In reality, you have given away your rights by allowing the 1% to bribe politicians. Did you take up arms?

Quote:
That's IMHO the reason why some people in the US insist on their constitutional right to have arms. Although I'm not really sure myself if the price they're paying isn't too high...
In modern times the price is far too high. But the arms industry insist it stays.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote