Thread: Help with SEO
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 02:16 AM  
nomyenx
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelBlackG View Post
I am using https://app.kwfinder.com to find keywords with low competition. I set US as my target country in WT. From 14 posts I have:

1) one that ranks #7 in US google on 40k keyword
2) one #3 on 5k keyword in US google

I want to have in wiki-style, so I am mostly updating the articles itself and not add new one. I always try to find keyword that have some volume and low competition, which is pretty hard since I compete with mainstream news sites and sites like ranker.com, everyjoe.com, radass.com and thefappeningblog.com.
14 post in 4 months is a bit too little, no? I think the quality of your post might not be as good as you think. You say you only have 2 words in the top 10 ranking. So what I suggest is that you do a test and write an article with at least 1000 words. And another article where you have your kwdensity around 1.5%. See if google picks that up much better?

From my own experience, updating articles lowered my rankings. So I don't do that myself anymore.
nomyenx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote