View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:35 AM  
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I think that says a lot...you can NOT count on the cops to protect you or your children.

Most cops WOULD have went in there and put that guy down. But why on Earth would you want to HOPE you get help and then maybe not?

I have a weapon in my home for protection. If anyone breaks in I will kill them. I definitely won't sit there and wait for the cops to arrive while some home invader kills me and my family.

As for "arm the teachers"...NOBODY is saying to "arm the teachers".

Trump's idea is to allow the teachers who are ALREADY licensed firearm owners to CONCEAL carry on campus.

Just like when you get on an airplane...there are Federal Marshalls onboard who have concealed weapons. Nobody knows who they are. It's a deterrent.

If you had the small percentage of teachers who are licensed to carry...and you had them take a couple of courses extra to lay down some ground rules...then nobody would even know which teacher or coach was or was not carrying.

That's the point.

Mass shootings ALWAYS take place in "gun free" zones. Harden the school up and let it be known publicly that schools now have certain people inside who are carrying a concealed weapon...and that will act as a deterrent.

It's better than doing NOTHING...which is what people have done ever since this insanity started getting bad a couple of decades back.
Fort hood and the Navy Yard are gun free zones?
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote