View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 05:20 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
my worry is that if we lock down schools and make then secure, those shooters will just move to other places.
That's possible...but most places are already much more "hard" than schools are.
And even though I think ALL human life is valuable...there is something that is especially hard-hitting when it's children being shot.

I would say that any and every place that is a "gun-free zone" is a soft target for these monsters.
When they put those signs up at public places that say "Gun Free Zone", it's like waving a red flag in front of a bull if you think about it.

I was thinking about this discussion last night. I stopped in at a bar here in Vegas to have a couple of drinks and watch a band for a few minutes.
And I noticed that one of the guys sitting at the bar was open-carrying a loaded 9mm pistol in a holster on his hip.

I spoke to him at the bar, he was a retired Marine and was licensed to carry that firearm.

I don't really worry too much about anything...not one of those kinds of people who are scared everywhere they go. I can handle myself physically if it comes to that.
But I do have to say...that marine sitting there with that pistol on his hip made me feel even more secure.
NOBODY was going to come walking into that bar shooting the place up.
It's a bar that is well known here in Vegas that it is frequented by people carrying guns.

Unlike that gay bar in Orlando where the shooter KNEW he was gonna be free to do as he pleased...people in Vegas KNOW they will get their asses shot if they try that in bars in this town.

I know that's off-topic somewhat, just wanted to share it.