Thread: Rant Ever Had An EKG?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:15 AM  
Busty2
Member since 1999

Industry Role:
Had an ultra sound recently after my Dr told me i had had a heart attack while doing a routine medical stethoscope test. WTF i never felt any pain !!! So he said it's not unusual to have what they call a silent heart attack. This scared the shit out of me, i mean i fucking almost crapped myself. He set up an ECG which he did twice and said he wanted me to go get an Ultra Sound test.

A few sleepless days later i went to a cardiologist who's assistant gave me yet another ECG and then the Ultra Sound test. They push the sensor into you stomach and point it up to your heart then they place it at the base of your throat and aim it down to the heart. Its uncomfortable and you are covered in KY jelly but only took about 30 minutes in all. Then they ask you to go get something to eat and come back in 2 hours for the results. This is when you meet the actual cardiologist, who gives you the news.

In my case my Dr was wrong and there was no sign of any heart issues, it was a case of an over abundance of caution on his part. At first i was pissed he had put me through days of worry but later i came to realize its way better to be safe than sorry.. And like others i got a bill for $2400, my share of the $12,000 they charged for the 60 minute consultation and tests?
Busty2 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote