View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM  
MsCheyenne
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlue View Post
Animals on antibiotics are not sent to market until the antibiotics have run their course and are no longer in the animals system.

Hormones I can see being problematic but I think it may be over-hyped a bit. I think it may be worse in the US than it is here in Canada.

It could be over hyped. It is difficult to know what to believe any more. It is highly questionable what animals are being fed, as well as injected with. In the US, the FDA is not our friend. They are only the FDA's friend. There is a lot of cross interest between the FDA and, GMO friendly Monsanto. I've been a vegetarian for many years. But, when I make meat or, pick up dairy for my family, I try to be as careful as possible. I have a vacation home in a rural area of Tennessee. It is great because local farms are not difficult to find. You can literally go to a farm and, pick up a cartoon of eggs, while watching their chickens hang out and, roam around. Even then, the farmers could be giving the chickens crack for all I know. But, it feels much better to pick up produce at a farm you can eyeball. This year, I will be taking my first attempt at all organic vegetable gardening with no falling back on Miracle Grow or commercial pesticides. Should be an interesting experiment.