View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:51 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
by the way - i really took that issue paul have seriously (even when it is not caused from me or a page in our network - what he does not realize) because it is always good to know what kind of problems can appear on users desktop and know all kind of dumbness and strange system combinations that are is existing.

so i wrote this problem to voluum (because paulīs security blocked THEM)
and i got the following answer:

Quote:
Dear Thommy,

Regarding Eset (or other antivirus software) and missing favicons on campaignURLs - it shouldn't have any influence on the website's reputation/score as we're only doing the redirect as quickly as possible. Any additional requests (such as downloading favicon) would slow that time down significantly. As far as I understand it correctly from your screenshot, the browser's default request for the favicon is also checked by antivirus software and then blocked because whole page's reputation can be low (the biggest impact is always the whole domain's and destination's reputation, as well as the number of abuse reports visitors sent to their antivirus/similar tool).
This is a false positive alarm you should proceed according tohathe specific software's recommendations
or send a bug report to the programmers of the software

Best regards,
Henryk
Customer Success Team
voluum.com