View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 12:34 PM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I also wanted to add. Solar works in the US because most of our country is in a good spot. Solar wouldn't work so well in say Alaska or Russia due to your location.

That's right.

I've been looking into Solar here where I live (Montreal, Quebec) and its hard to make a case for it right now. Our electricity comes from Hydro and Nuclear, and its the cheapest in Canada, possibly in all of North America. After that, the sun is directly overhead only from May to September, so roof-top immovable panels probably wouldn't pay for themselves any time soon. I don't know of Solar tiles would be a good option yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid70 View Post
5-6L engine car lovers, cheap gas, all is fully set up, who the fuck cares about electric, they joke about Prius being a golf car on television series.
Except that electric cars are faster than gas cars, alot more effecient, alot cleaner of course, and cost alot less to run.

And like Crocket says, not every EV is a Prius. Chevy makes 2 EV's already, as does BMW. Ford has one, and so do Nissan and Mitsubishi. GM is talking about an EV Mustang. Here's more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebitch View Post
Electric car is a big no, whats the problem with petrol ones ?
- Too Noisy
- Too Dirty
- Too Expensive to run
- Too Expensive to maintain
- Too slow
- Too wasteful (20% effecient at best)
- Too old!
- Too boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I have solar and I love it.

I am coming up on my first year. Having solar has cut my power bill in half - I paid on average $350 a month for power, and now I pay $125. On top of this I am going to be doing my taxes in the next few weeks and I'll be getting a discount on my taxes because I have solar.

The next step is getting an electric car. That's a few years off but I am looking forward to it.
The next time you come to Montreal, I'm buying you a lapdance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
Like clockwork. You should just keep being you. It's easier for you I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPdommy View Post
It is not feasible to directly power a car with solar panels. I think that's where your question was..
THat's right. This is why that for now anyway, putting solar panels on top of cars is a complete waste of money. It would take way too long (months I think) for a solar panel on a car to charge the car's battery. I forgot which manufacture has it on their cars, but its only to keep the car's 12v batter charged. Dumb I think...

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote