View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:47 AM  
astronaut x
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
So, if it is a right that you don't agree with (bear arms - 2nd amendment) then it is totally reasonable to set up a hypothetical situation where it is taken away and chastise those that would oppose it.

But, if it is a right you agree with (Freedom - 5th amendment) then it is stupid to set up a hypothetical situation where it is taken away.

I will fill in the parentheses for you with real life examples that have happened:

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "Your Japanese Ancestry" you would just go in and do it?

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "The Color Of Your Skin" you would just go in and do it?

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "Your Political Views" you would just go in and do it?

I could go on but it is wasted on you.

My fill in the parenthesis were pretty much along the same lines as the ones you provided. Except for pizza. Because we all know Japanese heritage is much more likely to be an arrestable offense then pizza.

Hmm, although Vegan Pizza... that probably should be an arrestable offense.

Are you listening Rochard?
astronaut x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote