View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 09:48 AM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut x View Post
Do you not even know how stupid that sounds? Once again, using crazy hypotheticals.

Let me see if I can fill in the blank on that and not have it sound fucking comical....

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of (State whatever reason here) you would just go in and do it?

(taking the last piece of pizza)
(being jewish)
(being black)
(being a Hispanic migrant worker just trying to survive)
(being too good looking for my own good)

I challenge anyone else who steps in this thread, to take your shot (no pun intended) at filling in the parenthesis.

So, if it is a right that you don't agree with (bear arms - 2nd amendment) then it is totally reasonable to set up a hypothetical situation where it is taken away and chastise those that would oppose it.

But, if it is a right you agree with (Freedom - 5th amendment) then it is stupid to set up a hypothetical situation where it is taken away.

I will fill in the parentheses for you with real life examples that have happened:

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "Your Japanese Ancestry" you would just go in and do it?

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "The Color Of Your Skin" you would just go in and do it?

So, if the law changed and you were lawfully obligated to surrender yourself for imprisonment because of "Your Political Views" you would just go in and do it?

I could go on but it is wasted on you.

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote