View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 07:20 AM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid70 View Post
Just curious, are they not proven to work well both electric cars and solar panels or
it's just a local law and gas lobby that stops the real use of it?
At this point solar and electric cars can not be stopped. What was happening is the oil and gas lobbies made it difficult but mostly they hindered the tech advances here in the US so instead the advances came out of China. The advances still came but I stead of the US benifitting from them, China did.. Thanks Republicans..

Essentially oil, gas and coal assisted by Republicans allowed China to corner the market on solar because they thought they could block the sun with paper, pen and legislation and keep the status quo..

They obviously failed and solar/wind in now the cheapest energy source, coal is dead, gas will eventually go as well. Now instead of trying to block it, they now try to control it..

By control, I mean they have moved to making laws to stop you from having your own solar.. IE they are trying to make it illegal to have solar on your own House and produce your own electric free of the grid, taxes and paying big power companies..

Essentially republicans are fine with solar and wind power, so long as you have to buy it from duke energy or one of the other mayor energy companies that has filled their pockets for years..

Make no mistake, I know as someone from outside the US you might think we have no solar or wind farms.. Really we have shitloads.. Driving at night in some states in the West for instance, you will see hundreds of red blinking lights.. It's all wind mills producing electric. Same with solar farms, they are all over the place..

In fact, some of the most in demand jobs in the US are in the wind and solar industry. It works we have it, but the govt, mostly Republicans have worked very hard to slow the process to allow the big energy companies to extract control of it to force people to stay grid tied..

As far as the tech,.it gets better every year, but I could build a house that could be energy independent using solar and wind with today's tech. In fact thats my plan to eventually do just that. The biggest expense is the storage.. The solar and wind isnt too costly, it's the battery banks if you want to be off grid that cost big bucks, Tesla is making big steps to knock that cost down, but it takes time.

Cars still need the fast charging networks but that's coming as well.