View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:40 AM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
to make it clear:

chrome64 and higher is NOT an adblocker !!!!

it just blocks domains what failed at the manually check.

a user even see there a message "Ad is blocked - klick here if you want to see all ads on the side"

as far as i understood the site will be unblocked FOR THE USER WHO DOES THAT as long as he does not witch back to block.
a user also can NOT block sites or ads because he donīt like it.

google decides what they think it needs to be blocked and the user can always stop this block for a domain.
If that is what you say it's true, then google is trolling us royally - tho i did got impression how this is more scaremongering campaign then actual technical solution. Especially after reading article on techcrunch how 42% of publishers already removed non-compliant ads.

EDIT:
Well, i just tested Plugrush pop which i have on my sites with google chrome 65 beta and it's working, so it seems you are indeed right. So,i'l assume having a special anti-adblock code it is required only if you end up manualy blocked. Tho, i would need to do test with other ad network pops as well.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote