Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 11:05 AM  
Grapesoda
your favorite band sucks!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
Ok so you ignore the age issue. I assume therefore that you think a minimum age of 21 to own or purchase a firearm is absolutely reasonable.

There you go - gun control is not so hard to countenance afterall is it.

Not sure what you are talking about regarding the regulation of inanimate objects. Society does this all the time.

We have laws against driving whilst drunk. We are not regulating inanimate objects (cars) we are regulating who is allowed to drive them.

Likewise regulating who is fit or otherwise to own or purchase a firearm is regulating standards of competence and behaviour and clearly not regulating inamimate objects. Crazy people are not allowed to drive. In fact crazy people have all manner of ?rights? restricted.

I cannot believe that you are really saying that you are completely in favour of arming the crazies, and that a person with a recognised mental illness, who is intent on causing death or injury, should be allowed to buy an A R fucking 15.:
I'm not ignoring anything, I'm telling you I have little interest in a subject other than the actual cause of the issue. and I told what I felt the social issue is with the actual solution.

a gun is an inanimate object an inanimate object does not make decisions or take actions we both agree that the issue is mental illness. so you decide to discuss the boundaries and regulations concerning an inanimate object as the answer to controlling mental illness.

I'm not trying to be a dick but why talk about the unrelated issue. do you feel better about being fucked up by a nut if they don't use a gun? lock down the schools this afternoon, start sorting out the nuts tomorrow. anything other than that is well... just bullshit on a forum or in the press to me. why would I want to discuss it?