View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 04:51 AM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thommy View Post
i want to pick out this part separately because it is TRUE but not a reflection of the market. it is just a reflection that many many people do not understand advertising.

i was starting with selling traffic first time in 1997 and in this time nobody even knew about CPM. we all got paid by click because it is the big advantage internet have to SEE users reaction.

CPM was born after the good times when in europe dialers died and when the price for having internet dropped so much that the "poors" can come also.

a single click in 1997 was around 0,40 - 0,50 DM (in that time around 0,25 U$)
but with more experiences and poorer users this price was not to hold anymore.
so CPCs dropped and that was the time when they started to introduce CPM in adult.

whenever the price dropped publishers increased the number of ads in a site. that provoked that the number of clicks on each where decreasing and it was nessecary for an advertiser to put more attention on the banner by starting with blinks and fake informations.

if the competitor did not want to lose clicks he had to do the same and this endet in so called "performance marketing" what is nothing else than trying to filter from a very high number of traffic the most relevant out and send them somewhere where the same "statistical group" bought most.

this have NOTHING to do with advertisement and brought even unprofessional ad creators in the game - people who might be able to make a banner with blinki blinki for 3 dollar and producing 1000 of them every month.

when i started trafficfabrik i was aware all this issues and i started against all odds a CPC network like in 1997.

my goal was to find those advertisers what are WILLING to learn the rules of advertising and compete with products and instead of finding just traffic find the RIGHT traffic for their products.
I do not even need a source filter for that because i say that the banner already IS a filter.

and if you do not write "FREE" on it you might get less clicks but those what have a high quality.

when i started that everyone was laughing about me and told me that this is not a product what is "in the time".

in the past 5 years we have been growing EVERY year more than 100% from one year to the next and in 2017 we still made a grow of 168% in compare to 2016.

the CPCs in that time increased also 150% while the prices in CPM dropped more than the half.

the daily budgets in our network are around 10-15 times higher as the traffic we can deliver - but I am still aware to take people on publishers or advertisers site who do not understand my philosophy.
i want to make the LONGTERM money and i give a fuck on the short term.
this is how i survived 21 years in this biz and was ALWAYS on the sunny side.

so you see IT IS POSSIBLE with pure logic !
Funny how you mention how you started in 1997, since your site looks like it was never updated since then

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote