Thread: gun control
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 01:16 AM  
MFCT
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
To understand gun violence and crime (the recent Florida school massacre, for example), a great analogy is to understand bullies.

The typical bully acts as a bully because they feel they're in a guaranteed win situation, or at least a guaranteed extreme advantage situation. Someone with a gun in a tightly-crowded area of people with no guns, well the person with the gun is at an extreme advantage. Free to kill anyone, everyone, or as many as they possibly can...all on a whim.

Here's the thing about the typical bully, though. When put in a fair confrontation, the bully becomes terrified. The bully will shit bricks when he realizes he's in a fight where the outcome is not pretty much guaranteed. For example, his crew of friends who are normally there to step in and help him win any fight, are no longer there and he's in the situation completely on his own. Bullies detest being in a situation where they don't have a guaranteed win.

The same analogy works with gun violence. In the video below, 3 armed men break into a woman's house. Guaranteed win, right? They're free to rob her, beat her, gang rape her to death, torture her to death, basically whatever their whim at the moment happens to be.

What they didn't expect, though, is that the woman happens to be a gun owner. Well, there's still 3 of them and their 3 guns, verses her and her one gun. Still a great advantage, right?

Wrong. Back to the bully analogy, the outcome is suddenly no longer guaranteed. Even though the 3 criminals with guns outnumber her, the confrontation is still too equal for them to even want to be in the situation anymore. As badass and hardcore as they were only seconds before, they run around like cartoon characters or the 3 Stooges or the Marx Brothers. They're simply terrified and are shitting bricks at the very thought of being in an even somewhat fair confrontation.

Don't take my word for it. Watch this original home security video. See for yourself.

https://youtu.be/hFRP2N0g47I

Now with all this in mind, I beg you to lobby your state representatives for stricter gun control to get firearms out of the hands of people like this woman. She actually ended up killing one of those helpless men. Who knows what contributions he would have made to society, had this woman not so callously snuffed out his life.

Hillary 2020, 4 more years!

Last edited by MFCT; 02-16-2018 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: I didn't edit this post. Russians haxx0rd it.
MFCT is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote