View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 01:22 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post

What the US really needs is gun control that: Prevents mentally ill, criminals, anyone with any record at all, from buying, owning or carrying a gun. To me this is common sense. It lets good people like you and me own guns AND makes the world alot safer at the same time.

And when it comes to sniper rilfes, OK, but with restrictions such as small magazines. At LEAST small magazines. Maybe high capacity magaines can be available "for rent" only at the shooting range or something... Is this so bad?

Am I wrong here?
I don't think you're "wrong".

But you have to realize that the United States is based on the constitution.

It's a right to own guns. The 2nd amendment specifically says that Congress shall make no law restricting that.

I think that all of this loophole b.s. trying to make "gun control" laws is unconstitutional and leads to the govt. having more control over people...for instance, declaring that a citizen is crazy and institutionalizing them against their will (which is being openly discussed on CNN "panels").

Our founding fathers had the wisdom to create mechanisms to change the Constitution.
Congress has done it before.
For instance...they created the 16th amendment to legalize income tax (they didn't even hesitate on that one lol)

They have the power to begin the process to repeal the 2nd amendment.
Once that amendment is repealed...then all the arguments stop.

But they don't have the balls to do it.

And of course the NRA and companies that make guns are going to lobby against that and do their best to sway any decision.
That's what they SHOULD do. It's their 1st amendment right. And I don't blame them at all.

But repealing the 2nd amendment is truly the only way to disarm citizens.

You can't have "rights" and then just decide to take them away because we are upset over this horrible incident.

What's needed is thoughtful action to legally CHANGE that "right" to fit in with a society that now has no regard for human life.