View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:59 AM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
no surprise that a guy who is all for more government overeach/oversight/meddling/fucking everything up as usual, fails to 'get' crypto.
Let's see just how that works...
We De-regulated the savings and loans in the 80's... where are they now ?
We De-regulated the Banks in 1999 with the repeal of Glass-Steagall...
Took them only 8 years to trash the economy world wide. Don't laugh, you are still paying for it. You just don't know it.
We De-regulated the airlines in 1978, many went belly-up the rest merged into major players with major job losses and services to many cities lost. No competition to many routes.
We De-regulated the Electric Co's and in 6 short years, my electric bill doubles while I use 50% less electric. Soon to be much less with the use of solar.... unless the electric co's find a way to lobby to regulate me.
We De-regulated the the media in 1996 and now nobody can tell real news from just views.
But it did include regulation on the internet that has since been stripped away.

Yea... it's working great.

People are so easily convinced the government is bad and forget just why many of those regulation were put in place in the first place. It wasn't from good behavior.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote