View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:39 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
I was discussing politics with a very good accomplished artist friend of mine in her late 60?s a couple years ago. I rarely discuss politics in person with anyone. She's no longer politically active & stopped decades ago. We we're discussing the power of the people, majority rule & the most powerful political party.

I said the Democrats were the most powerful political party, she said the Republicans. I asked why the Republicans, she said "Because they cheat & break the rules". She was right.

Don't expect Republicans to hold themselves to the same standard they've held Democrats in the past. As this election cycle shows, you can be the lowest of the low and reach the highest highest levels of office in the Republican Party, as long as you suit their needs. If Trump doesn't get "tax reform" passed you can expect Republicans to get a conscience quickly, if he does get it passed and I'll take them a lot longer.
Ive always felt this, Democrats are at the disadvantage because they wont lie and cheat to win. They also tend to be for the people not large mega doners. This puts them at the disadvantage.