View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 06:49 PM  
Sly
Let's do some business!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
The cop's screaming escalated the whole thing and made a guy who was already drunk now terrified. The article I read about it said the expert that testified said he could see how it looked at the moment like the guy was reaching for a gun, but he also said that there were plenty of times they officers could have approached the guy and handcuffed him but they decided to have him crawl to them and everything went bad.
My initial thought was "why not go to them?"

After thinking it over, the only conclusion I came up with was that the officers thought someone was still in the room. In that scenario, yes, it makes sense to have the person crawl to the officers.

The guy was clearly absolutely terrified. He did not have an ounce of threat in him. Regardless of what protocol was or wasn't, those officers should have recognized the emotions at play in this scenario and adjusted their tactic.

Terrible tragedy. I can't think of any possible way how anyone could defend this officer. There are always other options. If he was not trained in those other options, he should not have been running around with the authority to take someone's life.

Sell me your: Paysites and Hosting Company. Buy my: Aged Domains and Sites
Sly is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote