View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:00 AM  
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkonstantine View Post
No it's not.

Its basically a floating airport that can move.

Lets say a plane can only fly 2,000 miles. Now the US can do bombing mission anywhere within 2,000 miles of any ocean since the airport can move.

Before that, bombing missions were limited to 2,000 miles from the nearest US airport.

Land-lock country X has been doing/saying shit? Doesn't matter. In 2 weeks, a carrier can be in the area and bomb them. That gives the US great negotiation power.

It also allows for pretty cool things like dropping SEAL teams into remote areas from a floating US base (the carrier).

The rest of the world combined don't have the same amount of carriers as the US

I'd say its a great resource for Americans. The rest of the world should avoid them -- it's not worth it for them
You failed to explain how this makes life better for Americans...I understand that it is used to bully the weak that are not nuclear yet, but how does it make life better for people not involved in the """""""""""defense""""""""""" racket?

Each taxpayer in the USA is forced to pay 5000$/year for """""""""""""""defense"""""""""""""'"...how does attacking the 3rd world make life better for you?

Note that I am not asking how it makes life better for the military industrial complex and USIS fighters, but for regular Americans who have nothing to do with the racket...