View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 04:56 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
They said this about computers too. They said that offices will be filled full of computers, and there will be no need for people. Well they were wrong.

We are getting closer, however. With AI.... Pretty soon we won't need cab drivers or truck drivers. We won't need garbage men; This will be automated too. With less drivers on the road we'll need less police officers on the freeways, no more gas stations....

Eventually we will go to Universal Income.
I agree. They have been saying things like this my whole life, but the difference is the advances we made before all created large new sections of industry or at least comparable jobs, for example, a person who was working in a warehouse that distributed books now might work in an Amazon warehouse. The creations were meant to make our lives easier and more efficient. Automation/robotics/AI is all designed to remove humans from the equation. It's not going to happen tomorrow or next year, maybe not even in our lifetimes, but I don't think we are too far off from a situation where a basic Universal Income of some sort will be put in place.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote