View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 07:52 PM  
bronco67
Too lazy to set a custom title

I've seen this thread a few times in the last few days and although I have seen some good movies lately I can never think of them when I need to. Now I remember a few really good ones.

Brawl in Cell Block 99 -- the wife and I watched this one and by the time we were near the end, two hours had passed and we didn't even realize it. Just a good, solid prison flick with no flashy style, a really simple plot and face punching that made us cringe and cheer.

The Rover -- this Australian flick isn't for everyone, but if you like slow burners that pay off at the end you'll enjoy it. It's a simple revenge movie with Guy Pearce trying to get his stolen car back in a rural semi post apocalyptic Australia. You will wonder why he wants his shitty car back so badly until the very last 10 seconds of the movie when it falls on you like a pile of bricks. So good.

The Babadook -- it's a creepy as hell Australian horror movie that's about a lot more than it seems at first. You might have a hard time holding back a man tear if you have a child.