View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:31 AM  
magneto664
God Bless You

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_RABID View Post
Hey guys,So can you guys give some advice on what to do and what not to do when making the switch.
Is no advice what to to and what not to do is a only one single, step, point and rule

MAKE PROPER 301 REDIRECTION FROM NONSSL TO SSL and test it with no-www or with www

Quote:
Also I don't know the best place to get my SSL certificate from, so if you guys know of a good SSL provider for a KVS Tube website please hit me up with a reply.
Is does not matter where you buy a ssl you can use a free on paid - does not matter you are not provide shopping cart co you don't need any money insurance, you have xxx site, get a free from letsencrypt.org or any other who provide similar security key! find best cheap with 2048 bit signatures & 256 bit encryption, get from namecheap or godaddy on any other company where you have a nice support se they can help you! As long as you do not sell anything through your website, you will not be charged for credit it does not matter , save your money if you have a lots of domain, go for free. save you time if you have cpanel or any hosting which is compatible with letsencrypt!

Quote:
And lastly, is it better to have a Pro install my Certificate or should I attempt to do it my self.
yes pro is a good idea when you use e-commerce with shopping cart & credit cards.

The only thing you can fuck when you move from non-ssl is ssl is a ignoring 301 redirection and rewriting urls from http to https.
magneto664 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote