Thread: Business Merchant Account Help
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:58 PM  
wslover317
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I just wanted to add an update here as I hate finding threads and no solution is ever given. This may help some of you, not only those looking for a merchant account, but issuers and billers themselves.

I sent a detailed (This is important) email to about 5 people in this thread who answered saying you could help with a merchant account. And of that 5, I got 4 replies.

Of those 4 replies, only 1 of them bothered to read the email which I had thought out thoroughly before sending. Every detail was included, my number of sites, type of sites, volume, years in business etc. Which I thought to include based on all of the feedback in this thread. Yet, many replied with "whats your volume, how long in business" etc... This is something that bugs me to no end, getting a question that was answered before it was asked. Makes you want to reply with your original email.

Another question I got back right away was "What do you want your rates to be" which immediately reminded me of a car salesman's famous "What do you want your monthly payments to be" ZERO! Thats my answer to car salesmen...

But I digress, I am not here to bash but here to say thank you to Mobius Matt. He read my email and simply wrote back "We can get you going, let me see what rates I can get you. I need this this this and this" Simple!

Just a bit of caution for those of you thinking of getting your own Merchant account; you will need to send a lot of info, which is understandable. The banks want to know what you might be thinking of naming your unborn child in 5 years and Visa / MC want to know if said child will be going to college.

So, after I sent Matt everything, he checked that we had our ducks in a row, which I needed some other things. He sent them over and we waited for the Bank to approve, Visa / MC to approve then boom, Merchant account at a great rate. All total, about 2.5 - 3 weeks from email to merchant account. He may have done more, I am not really sure as all I had to do was send him some forms, I.D. etc. He took care of EVERYTHING else.

I am now up and running, have almost everything fully integrated and couldn't be happier. Only thing I wish is that I could somehow force all members to switch their rebills over but, we all know thats not an easy chore.

Before you ask, I am not going to post what my rates are because as all have said above, they differ from company to company or in our case webmaster to webmaster. But let me say I am very happy with not only the rates, but having full control.

Some also may be wondering what integrations I am using with Mobius and I am simply using Amember Pro for membership sites, have been for years. Amember has Mobius built in so no coding needed. You will need the newest version of Amember however as this is a new integration for them.

For our download sites I am using Woocommerce with Mobius via Authorize.net emulator plugin. Pretty straight forward and my tests have all been great.

So, if any of you are thinking of getting a merchant account, I highly recommend Mobius Matt (He is in the thread above). And I am not going to be one of those guys who say "Get a merchant account, your being a fool" but I will simply say for me it is well worth it. Some of you may be happy where you are, so stick with what works for you. Only biller I ever had an issue with is Zombaio (Do a search)

Again, thank you Mobius Matt! Your professionalism is appreciated.