View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 09:41 AM  
Brad Mitchell
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
With all due respect, it doesn't appear that you know how to research the question you are asking. The ping times don't represent any specific performance, only a single network path from one place on the internet to another. This is essentially the speed of light across a specific path.

Each of the hosts connects to multiple carriers. I can't speak for the others, but we connect to 4 of the 5 worlds most well connected carriers. What I can say is that you obviously haven't looked at our shopping carts on MojoHost or Portal Home - MojoHost, B.V.. They're not expensive, and if you think they are then you haven't looked at many other hosting web sites.

The larger affect on performance is going to be packet loss. Packet loss more than the speed of light is what has a greater affect on surfing experience and throughputs. Ping times and trace routes only represent one network path. My network, like that of competitors, has many paths in and out. Ping times from Hurricane Electric's looking glass are just that, one view of the Internet. We peer with HE, so the ping times you see from them are a result of the actual distances (speed of light) and also of their network construction and they are a discount network with significantly less infrastructure than all of the paid IP transit providers we connect to.

From the list of competitors that you listed, we are the only company using technology that improves upon traditional BGP by doing real time traffic analysis. We utilize the Noction | Intelligent Routing Platform platform in both of our datacenters and make about 45,000 route improvements daily to lower latency, avoid internet congestion, black holes and outages. In other words, I can prove that we are faster with the network intelligence we have in place.

Feel free to email or Skype me if you have more questions.

Brad