View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:50 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSEO View Post
You are so girlish... Like when someone here asks what I feel if some Russian soldier dies in Syria. There are mercenaries only. There are no draft soldiers, so I feel... nothing. They are being paid for that. They knew what they signed up for. Period.
Here's the thing. When a person joins the military they understand, even if they aren't in an infantry/combat job, that there could come a day where they have to fight. Understanding that and accepting the danger doesn't make losing a loved one any easier. It is still devastating to this woman to lose her husband. The last thing she needs is someone to basically tell her that he brought it on himself by joining the military, especially in a country like the US where we live in a society that borders on military worship.

You might not care if a Russian soldier dies in Syria (or anywhere for that matter), but I have a feeling you would feel differently about it if that soldier was your spouse, or your brother or father. And in your time of grief, I would hope the person who called to console you showed empathy and didn't just tell you they were a killer and brought this on themselves. I would hope that leader would show thanks for their sacrifice, respect for their service, and empathy towards your loss.

If you can't understand that, you are simply a bad person.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote