View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 AM  
phil-flash
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I am not sure why you would want to upload files, wait, and then download files, that seems silly to me.

You can use free software such as handbrake. Unsure of settings? Weren't we all. There is no magic pill that anyone of us can prescribe. You have to gain some understanding of at least a few of the settings.

When I let my office go, I lost a video editor. What to do now? I searched for the magic pill of "just give me the settings so I can get going" and there was none.

So I read, and read, and read... watched tutorial after tutorial... and after a few days, things started to make more and more sense.

You need to take a 1 minute clip, and export it several times with different settings so that you can get the quality and file size that you want. Compare these exports and you will eventually find the settings that you seek.

There are basic settings that you are probably looking for... bitrate, dimensions, and image quality. All three will impact the filesize and image quality.

You will have to put a little work into it, that is... if you want to do it the right way.
phil-flash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote