View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 09:39 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
I think you are making the mistake of identifying a far-right religious nut with the "establishment".

That's not the case at all.

This guy IS the outsider. He is definitely NOT establishment at all. The establishment spent millions trying to beat him down.

He's nuts. But he's not establishment.

And this is the kind of thing we get when the establishment in Washington is so corrupt and has failed our country so thoroughly that people will vote for ANYONE except the "chosen ones" of the establishment.
I guess it depends on what your definition of establishment is. The far right of the party is part of the establishment. It is the foundation of the party. It's why Republican candidates bow to them. That is establishment. This guy from Alabama has been heavily involved in politics since the 1980's and he is on the far right. If that isn't establishment, I don't know what is.

The other guy, Moore, was also part of the establishment.

Both parties have two different "wings" of the establishment. For the Republicans, it is the evangelicals and the more moderates like McCain, Graham, McConnell etc. For the Democrats, the far left establishment is now led by Bernie Sanders. He likes to portray himself as a revolutionary and an outsider, but he has been in the Senate for 16 years and has been in politics since the 1980's. The more moderate side of the party still has people like Obama, Clinton, Biden etc heavily influencing it. All of them are part of the establishment, they just fall in different parts of the spectrum.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote