View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 09:03 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnjscb View Post
What, exactly, would Hillary Clinton have done? She was a good senator, a good Secretary of State. As far as I can see each administration including this one and Dummy all used private emails. They all sent top secret shit, and all deleted shit they weren't supposed to. Like 1million people have top secret clearance - they all look each other and everybody else up and laugh. There are NO controls. They didn't even notice when Snowden downloaded ALL the files, like gigabytes of them. Top secret is a joke.

Instead of nitpicking, why not look at the net effect. Is the economy better? Is the world more stable? Are people getting enough to eat, getting access to education? Can small businesses grow? Etc. who the fuck is perfect?
I don't have an issue with the emails. When it came up with Hillary's private email server it wasn't an issue with me. I know a little about the handling of classified information mostly because I've been reading about the cold war since I was a kid. You would think there would be a lot of laws about the handling of classified information, but there really isn't. For example, there is no law that says the Secretary of State or someone in Congress cannot transport classified information via private car or store classified information in their house. There are rules about such things; I remember one rule about government employees being required to have a certain standard of safes.

The problem is the double standard. The system Hillary Clinton used was similar to what former Secretaries of State used, as well as members of Congress. If there was such great concern about this issue, why didn't we investigate these people - most of which seem to have been Republicans? In fact, the person leading the charge - Jason Chaffetz - was handing out business cards with a Gmail address.

Why did we have six or seven investigations into Hillary Clinton, but never any investigations into anyone else?

I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton, but I do not like our government launching investigations with only intention of the investigations being nothing more than a smear campaign.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote