View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 AM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton View Post
if those migrants had the option to chose between US and Russia, where would they go, what you think ?
Depends of many reasons (known languages, the distance of family members, the culture, the possibility to have a job etc). Let's be honest, America has much easier immigration rules than Russia. Ok, I'll fix that - it had them before Trump.

P.S. Actually you already answered to your own question. The USA is really friendly for immigrants because... it's a country of immigrants. Like Canada or Australia. But still not everyone would like to live there. Look at me for example. I was working as a senior developer in a NY-based company since 1997. Have I agreed for relocation?

My son just changed his a company he worked in (he's a Java coder). He could earn a half more, but only in case if he relocates to the EU. He decided to stay in Moscow for a lower salary, because he's used to live here. Here is his family and his friends (even his buddy from South Korea lives here). He knows and loves Moscow and he just don't want to live in some Prague.