View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:16 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
I volunteer at a food banks hands on. It's very rewarding because I'm there packing food for kids lunches and families. I do it because I see a direct a result of my actions. As much as I feel for the people in Florida , flying out to where the airports are closed and volunteering isn't really feasible for someone on the other side of the country.

Do you think GoFundme is a better way to financially help individuals in Florida?

The recipient gets most of the money on GoFundMe right? What about donating items instead of money?
Items can often be very helpful. You can call local charity groups and find out if they have a shortage of some things. There is an organization near me that helps people get food, clothes, and other help and they are often looking for physical goods like shoes, jackets, food and things like that. Contact your local groups, see what they need, then go get it. That way you know your money is going directly towards something that will help someone and not into the pocket of an executive or publicist.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote