View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:13 PM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane-Busty.pl View Post
As for Prague:

- EXCHANGE POINTS. CAUTION! They will charge you a COMMISSION - up to 30%!

- Exchange rates they display large are sale rates, they sale euros/dollars at those rates.
But when they buy from You, they'll pay You scandalous rates.
ATM is the cheapest option.

- When You pay with a CC then choose the option "in your currency".
Don't let the seller convert to their conditions. Choose Your bank's conditions.

- Remember to NEVER do any transactions on the street. Cheaters will poke you offering a "great deal".
- Be aware of cheaters at ATMs trying to change 1000 CZK notes.

I'm telling You, Prague has become a mafia city.
They want to screw You everywhere. No joke.
Lulz i been 12 times in Prague, and only scamming experience was when hot dog seller returned me 50 CZK instead 150 czk.

1. Yeah there is one chain in centre which advertise as 0% commision but exchange ratio is lower then official so you can lose a lot of money on it. There is a video on youtube where one local dude was sitting in front of it entire day and stopping tourists informing them how that provider is bad, but since they still operate i guess he didnt managed to stop them.
But anyway, i find it hard to believe people still using exchange service,l was always using ATM , and only once i exchanged at bus station since i was able to check exchange rate on their website before i arrived. So basically, if you want to use them, check on internet current rate, ask howmuch money you can get, then decide.

2. The thing "in your currency" is nothing related to Prague, it's a simply an ATM feature which let you pick to decide do you want exchange ratio by your card issuer or by ATM bank. Card issuer ratio is always better.

3. Exchange on street? With somany options to exchange and exchange service on every corner it is absurd to do it on street. Any kind of deal on street is bad idea. Including buying hot dogs.

Every tourist city is full of scammers and that is something what is hard to evade. Which is good to educate about it to make sure to avoid any problems.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote