View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 AM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
:stop Recommendations? Best software this this specific project please (Music Related)

OK, all poo stuff aside I wanted to work on a project for my grandkids.

I have a little song I sing them that goes to the tune of 'She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes'. It uses three phrases. 1) Stop Look Listen 2) Beware of trains & 3) Don't play on the railway.

These repeat in different orders to create the vocals. I have the empty music track already as an MP3. Now using video editing software, I can place the backing track as a timeline, and drop in the vocals as and when I need them as separate items, but this is where I hit a snag...

I am not a singer and my vocal is really flat, so I'd like to be able to apply a bit of autotune (Just a bit) that would tie it in with the background track... But I cant do that in Premiere on my mac. I have tried garageband thats also on my mac, but I cant get the hang of the autotune thingy... I've Never used garage band before either... So I got to thinking.

The garage band on my mac is from 2009. Nearly ten years old, so in the last 8 years, has something else become available? Perhaps something that lets me do this on my phone (S7) or ??? Or anything mac based ???

Just wanna add a bit of auto tune to a few lines to fit the already present backtrack?

Obviously I'm not looking for anything over the top, nor do I expect to create a number one selling single... All I wanna do is see my grandkids smile and bop about when I turn it up loud on the speakers

Any ideas please?

👁️ 👍️ 💩
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote