View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 06:21 AM  
xxx6live
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speigelau View Post
Anyone else seen a big slow down in spends since Chaturbate changed the login cookie on Aug 7th that now requires the user to input his password every time he hits the site? I average at least 12 spends a day and its dropped 80% the last 3 days since the change.

Before, the user could simply click his bookmark and hit the site or whitelabel and be auto logged in. Now, whenever they hit the site, even if it's multiple times within the hour, they will have to input their password and there is no password retrieval link under the input box. This not only caused a big drop in daily spends, but I've had a huge surge in new signups the last 3 days, because users can't remember their password and are simply creating new accounts.

I have a large core of at least 50 regular spenders, many who spend in excess of $300 a day. What's frustrating is that if any of them create a new account, they will have to go through the hassle of sending in their id and cc info all over again to up their spending credit limit, and I suspect some won't go through the hassle. Also, if any of my original white label signups are now using another interface such as Cb's main site and decide to re signup because of the password issue, I'll no longer get the credit for their spends.

I realize Chaturbate is trying to improve site security and prevent someone from fraudulently spending on an account that isn't theirs, but not sure this is the best way. If you are going to require the user to enter their password every time they hit the site, at least have a "forgot password" link underneath the input box.

The past 3 days has been my worst 3 day stretch in 4 years promoting Chaturbate and it coincided directly with the new change so I suspect site-wide revenue has taken a hit and CB will be looking for a solution.
I see the same, from stable ca $40 a day to zero after the 7th. Wtf?

Not whitelabel, cb direct only.