View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 12:15 PM  
JuicyBunny
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
Do you know what Kobe Beef is and how much it costs in Japan. This is all about Japanese farm protectionism.

The only beef I have personally eaten that was imported was canned corned beef. The canned imported beef comes from Brazil now. Argentine canned corned beef disappeared from store shelves 2 years ago here.

NEWS: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/w...ed-states.html
FRESH beef imports to the US from Brazil are suspended for reason of sanitation concerns.

All the fresh meat I buy is from the USA. This is in a normal commercial grocery store's meat counter. There is a lot of imported frozen fish. I buy Chinese Wild Caught Salmon that comes frozen -- that has always been good here (Kroger). Other pond raised fish from China and Asia are not very good tasting. I do get tilapia -- high grade from a commercial restaurant supply house here (open to the public also) that is actually good fish but it costs twice the price as the crap at Aldis does -- their talipia tastes like the pond fish are fed grease renderings and have to eat their own shit for roughage ...
Japanese self-police the meat sections of stores just fine. US is on the bottom of the list anyway. Next to Chinese imports.
Kobe beef runs about $200 a pound these days. Delicious.
People in Japan are very picky about food. More so than any place I've lived before.

You may call it protectionism but we call it preferred dining.
JuicyBunny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote