View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 02:58 PM  
Tasty1
Judge Jury and Executioner

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
So let me get this right - consumption of beef remains the same (and its unwanted side effects) but it is still a good thing ?

Now it might have slipped past you but The Orange One has removed the US from the Paris agreements whereby they had CO2 goals to meet. Spinning this as good for the US in its quest for a clean environment is not only thoroughly ridiculous, but it ranks as the second stupidist remark on the board today. Well done, a 1-2.

So to re-cap, US farmers lose a valuable export market, CO2 production remains the same, and beef farmers outside of the US are very pleased indeed. Is that what he meant about putting Merica first ?

Please do enlighten us on how cocaine has any relevance whatsoever to the farmers in the US whose businesses are now in jeapody because of your glorious leaders ignorance of how international trade actually works ?

"So let me get this right - consumption of beef remains the same (and its unwanted side effects) but it is still a good thing ?"

You don't know if it will be the the same. My guess is they bought US beef cause it is cheap. If it is more expensive, people might be eating less. At least, that is what environemntal companies say; tax meat extra and people will eat less.

Unwillingly trump did great things for the climate, mustn't there be a lot of happy people here? 3 weeks ago it looked like the world would come to an end cause Trump didn't want to sign the Paris Agreement and therefor the earth will be 0.1 degrees warmer in 100 years. Now he does something great for the climate, but people are still not happy???!!!??

everything is fake
Tasty1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote